Thursday, March 6, 2014

Guest Designed for an Italian Challenge Blog Amiche di Scrap (project 1)

Few months ago, I was invited by Desi to be the guest designer for the challenge blog in Italy.


I will be there for March and have 3 projects in total, this is project number 1 - make a layout with a picture that is not a photo!

I bought these postcards in 2005 while my daughter Clare attended Aspen Music Festival in the summer.


that is a sketch from the notebook of Frederick E. Banbery, award winning British Illustrator. Banbery visited Aspen, Colorado in the mid-19050's, drawing this study in the original Aspen Music Festival and School Tent (1949-1963), that was designed by famed architect Eero Saarinen.


I happened to go there again early September 2013 and took 2 photos at Benedict Tent with my phone to show Clare.



So I finally decided to scrap this postcard I hoarded for a long long time (well, better than keep them in the box right?)



Aspen does bring back a lot of sweet memories....

of my girls.... when they were very young....


of Clare..... having the opportunity to study under Veda (Yoheved Kaplinsky), the music director of The Juilliard School pre-college division.






I will be back soon for the other 2 projects, but for now, hop over to Amiche di Scrap to cheer me on..... just kidding(sort of)....... actually I want you to check out the rest of the DT and their lovely work! 



17 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! Thats looking so fantastic!

cheers Elma

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Such a fabulous page!! Love the feathers and pops of red! ~ Blessings, Tracey

Garden of Grace

Ros Crawford said...

Beautiful page and such lovely memories for you ...

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, I know this page holds many dear memories for you, Kirsty! So sweet and so wonderful, and a gorgeous design! I love the chevron background. Really subtle yet eye catching. The glittered elements are just gorgeous. Love the striped photo mat you used with the postcard, too!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

CONGRATS on the GDT!!!!! I love love love love love love this! LOVING the masking, the feathers and that postcard!!!!!!!!

Tieva-Design said...

Wonderful layout, love the glittering elements you used.
Viele Grüße
Gabi

1CardCreator said...

This is gorgeous! I love the glittered feathers too! ~Diane

Contagiously Crafty said...

I love that you used glitter to make your color splash. I also think that postcard is fabulous! Great layout and wonderful way to preserve the memory.

Desi said...

Thanks a lot for your stunning works, we're very happy to host you at Amiche di Scrap...and thanks also to your readers because some of them already wrote very kind comments: you're all welcome to play along with us!!

Joni Andaya said...

What an AWESOME memories indeed and what a GORGEOUS layout! Beautiful :)

Maria said...

Congrats on the GDT! Beautiful photo and layout to celebrate sweet memories...well done!

sandi said...

Wow Kirsty this is amazing! Fabulous sketch and what you've done with it....wonderful! The sparkle is the perfect touch!

Unknown said...

Oh my, this is such a beautiful page, a wonderful tribute, love the colours Kirsty!
Ira’s Crea Corner

Sue Lelli said...

SPECTACULAR LO, Kirsty! LOVE that postcard and your chevrons and colors and splats! CONGRATS on the GD gig!

Stella said...

Congrats on being a GD. The LO is beautiful;wonderful contrast of the postcard and the touch of glitter and feathers. Yes they grow up way too fast.........

Rita said...

fantastic LO!
I'm very happy to have you with us this month!
bye bye

Glenda Atkins said...

Fabulous postcard, it deserves to have it's own page and what a gorgeous page it is!
hugs
glenda