Friday, October 12, 2012

Pamela's Sketch and a Tutorial

I am playing with Pamela's lovely sketch today


To celebrate World Card Making Day, Pamela has 5 beautiful sketches to share, I took Sketch 3 and make this....




There are 4 more sketches over at Pamela's blog, I wish I could find more time to play with all, you can head over to check it out!



I also have a little tutorial to share today

How to make your own chipboard pieces

I believe you have tons of these thick backing sheet that comes with the pretty paper you ordered online


in this case, I used an oval shape diecut (or punches that you have) to cut 3 pieces of that


top them with patterned paper (I thought this would make lovely easter eggs come easter too)
distressed the edges a bit


for the leaf, I cut a few pieces from this flower and distressed it with glimmer mist to take away that bright green I don't like too much


now you have your handmade chipboard piece





19 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for teh tip how to make a pumkin! Your card is so nice
Hello from Elam

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card Kirsty. Thank you for the tutorial, very useful. I got loads of backing sheet.
Have a great day!
Hugs xx

Dora said...

This is such a lovely card!

Shahrul Niza said...

That is a genius idea!. To use up green flowers!. Cute pumpkin card, Kirsty :).

Ros Crawford said...

This is gorgeous! Such a sweet pumpkin!

Unknown said...

What a fab take on the sketch, lovely pumpkin with great colours!
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Audrey Pettit said...

What a gorgeous card, Kirsty!! Such a fabulous take on that fun sketch! LOVE your chipboard pumpkin. The chevron print is fabulous, and I adore how you made the leaves from bits of paper flower. I have a whole bag of those flowers.......and now I have a new use for them! TFS your great tips!

Linda Breedlove said...

Good night!!! This is genius, Kirsty! LOVE the chevron paper you chose... makes a great pumpkin... and goes perfect with the rectangle mats behind it. SO pretty!!!

sandi said...

Wow Kirsty this is just so cute! Great tutorial!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love love this Kirsty! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee that pumpkin!!!!!

cnelson said...

Fabulous card! LOVE that pumpkin!!

Sylvia said...

Love this card, Kirsty, love how you interpreted this sketch, great pumpkin and I love the three panels! Have a wonderful Friday.

Lisa Echerd said...

Beautiful take on the sketch and such a great contemporary Thanksgiving card.

Inger Harding said...

This is such a gorgeous card Kirsty!!
Thanks for sharing :)
Have a wonderful weekend.

Glenda Atkins said...

Beautiful card and love the clever techniques you used to create it! wow...
hugs
glenda

Lynnda said...

Love the card and the tutorial is awesome... Thanks Kirsty!... hugs..xoxo

Unknown said...

Great card. Love how you used the flower at the top and how you use the patterned papers together.

Unknown said...

Your card is so cute. I love the paper you used for you pumpkin, Its adorable.

Hugs~

Pamela said...

This is fantastic!!! I really love it!! Thanks for playing along with my sketch challenge! :)